City of Sydney - Smart Green Apartments program
The Smart Green Apartments program launched by the City of Sydney on 20th September will help Owners Corporations by providing sustainability assessments for individual buildings. The assessments identify opportunities to improve energy and water efficiency, provide recycling infrastructure within apartment buildings and help residents reduce household waste.
A pilot program is working with five apartment buildings, with plans to expand the program to up to 30 buildings. These case studies will then be shared with up to 700 apartment buildings across the City of Sydney.
The first 30 buildings participating in the program will receive:
- subsidised building energy audits;
- subsidised water monitoring and water efficiency plans;
- waste and recycling assessments;
- costed options to green the building and make it more efficient; and
- knowledge and skills building.